MISSION OF THE FREDERICTON AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
FARC ‘s mission is to promote and encourage the art and science of Amateur Radio communications. FARC does this by:
- holding regular meetings,
- sponsoring a course to help newcomers earn their Amateur Radio licenses,
- offering licensing examinations and
- using Amateur Radio to assist with public events in the greater Fredericton area.
FARC operates FM repeaters on the 144 and 432MHz Amateur bands. FARC also organizes local Radio Amateurs to help with public safety communications in times of emergency.
WHO IS FARC?
The Fredericton Amateur Radio Club is an association open to everyone with an interest in Amateur Radio. Most of our members are licensed Radio Amateurs, and the rest aspire to pass the exams to earn their licenses. We have approximately fifty members.
We hold two meetings most months:
- On the second Monday of each month from September through June, we have a meeting featuring a presentation or seminar on a technical or operational matter related to Amateur Radio. This meeting also includes exchanges of information and business matters of FARC.
- On the last Saturday of each month, we have breakfast in a local restaurant for an informal chat.
Everyone is welcome to attend our meetings, whether you’re a club member, just curious, or just visiting the area.
Our members come from the Greater Fredericton Area, and range in age and experience from university students to retired people, from those aspiring to become hams, to the newly-licensed, and old timers with a half-century or more experience in Amateur Radio.
The Fredericton Amateur Radio Club October meeting will take place on Monday, December 9th, from 7:00 to 9:00 pm at the Board Room of the Victoria Health Centre, 65 Brunswick Street.
FARC BASIC Amateur Radio Course (Starting January 2020)
Would you like to…
- communicate with people around the world without the use of phones or the Internet?
- experiment with electronics and radio communications?
- interface radio transmitters with your computer?
- serve your community at public events or during serious emergency situations?
- talk to astronauts aboard the International Space Station, or communicate through satellites?
- develop new relationships and learn what is going on around world through the airwaves?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions you might want to consider taking the upcoming FARC BASIC Amateur Radio Course in January!
Real-time DX Contacts